Monday, February 25, 2008

Things are looking up

So it's been somewhat of a stressful month for me, but things are going according to plan, with only minor miscalculations. Aside from getting a letter of acceptance to the local Community College, several things have happened in the past few weeks. One of them was a lockdown that happened while I was at school. From what I was able to learn, someone called the police, saying that there was a guy in black pants and a grey hoody at my school with a weapon. The school was put on lockdown immediately. the lockdown lasted for about two hours before the administrators came over the intercom and said that they did not find this person. I learned later on that day that the call about a man with a weapon was false. Even if it was false, I was still worried about my own well being. If there really was someone with a weapon, we would've all been seriously hurt or worse.....Luckily, nothing happened. Sometimes, I wonder why someone would shoot up a school or bring a weapon for that matter. Kids in school today are cowards! When they fight, they use guns, knives, and whatever else they can get their hands on. If I had to fight someone, it would be with my bare hands. But then again, I wouldn't fight because I have nothing to prove to some street urchin who only fights for self-satisfaction. Anyways, time to cut this short so be safe, be courtious, and be yourself.

No comments: